AcceleDent in Las Cruces
AcceleDent is an FDA-cleared and orthodontist-recommended medical device that can be used with braces or clear aligners to speed up orthodontic treatment by up to 50% and reduce the discomfort associated with orthodontic treatment by up to 71%.
AcceleDent's patented SoftPulse Technology® gently accelerates tooth movement by applying micropulses to the roots of the teeth. The micropulses represent a low level of vibration or force that has been shown in clinical studies to help speed up orthodontic treatment.
How does AcceleDent work?
During orthodontic treatment, braces or aligners exert gentle force on the teeth to move them into the correct position. AcceleDent speeds up this process.
AcceleDent works best when used in conjunction with standard orthodontic treatment, such as Invisalign or traditional metal braces. It is recommended for patients ages eight and older and is FDA-cleared for safety and efficacy in accelerating tooth movement during orthodontic treatment.
AcceleDent works through gentle micropulses, or vibrations, called SoftPulse Technology. This technology stimulates the bone remodeling process and can get you out of braces faster.
To use AcceleDent, follow these steps:
- After you brush and floss, insert the bite-block, switch the mouthpiece on, and set the timer.
- You may feel a tingling sensation at first. If it becomes uncomfortable, you can reduce the intensity.
- For best results, use AcceleDent for 20 minutes a day. You can wear it while doing other activities like watching TV or reading.
Does AcceleDent work with both traditional braces and Invisalign?
The AcceleDent system is intended to be used with traditional braces and Invisalign aligners. However, it is important to discuss the use of this device with your orthodontist before starting treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions About AcceleDent
How do you use AcceleDent?
Using AcceleDent is simple:
- Insert the AcceleDent mouthpiece into your mouth, place your teeth on the bite-pads, and hold it in place with your lips.
- Press the power button to activate AccleDent, then gently bite down for 20 minutes. You can enjoy reading a book, watching TV, surfing the web while wearing AccleDent.
- You may feel a slight tingling sensation for a few seconds when activating AcceleDent. This is normal and shouldn’t cause discomfort.
How do you clean AcceleDent?
Cleaning your AcceleDent mouthpiece is easy. Simply remove the mouthpiece from your device and clean it using a soft-bristled toothbrush and warm water. For more thorough cleaning, soak the mouthpiece in denture cleanser or antibacterial dish soap, but be sure to rinse away all of the soap before returning it to your device for use.
Is AcceleDent safe?
AcceleDent is a Class II Medical Device, cleared by the FDA for safety and efficacy in speeding up tooth movement. The AcceleDent device has been rigorously tested and proven safe by independent clinical studies, including a randomized controlled study conducted at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. In addition, several research studies have shown that AcceleDent speeds tooth movement with no additional risk of root resorption (root shortening).
The AcceleDent mouthpiece is made from flexible, medical-grade silicone that is biocompatible and BPA-free. The movement of teeth using AcceleDent is monitored by your orthodontist using the same clinical tools used in standard orthodontics.
Does Insurance cover AcceleDent?
Because AcceleDent is used to expedite orthodontic treatment, it is not deemed medically necessary and is therefore not covered by dental insurance.